Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2016

Farm Girl Vintage Strip Quilt Blocks...



"Mama Hen" quilt blocks...!
from Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book (there's a link at the end)

They just HAD to be done on a chicken wire background.


Interject some "vintage tulips" by thimble blossoms.
couldn't decide between a row of strawberries...

and a row of floral red...
so I did both!

From Lori Holt's book Farm Girl Vintage 
"Wooly Sheep" quilt blocks

I appliqued the heads on the wooly sheep instead of piecing. It seemed so much easier.

One little Piggy...

I realized later that I forgot the grass! It got into the final quilt. see that here.
I actually kind of like them without grass now that I'm comparing..


Here's the book...
It has over 30 cute quilt block patterns in it. You get measurements for 6" and  12" sizes.
it's for sale in lots of places. here's one.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am confused - how / where do I buy a pattern for your "mama chicken" block?