Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Vintage Quilt Show and my Urban Cowgirl Quilt. My OTHER Urban Cowgirl Quilt....

 
I went to a vintage quilt show last weekend. some of them were really neat. but there was one fun surprise.
I was amazed by the Queen Sized hexie quilt. It looked like this one. The Hexie's were one inch. Literally. ONE. INCH! Wow.
(picture borrowed from here caused I didn't take one. augh!)

There was also a very fragile yo-yo quilt in a glass case. So neat. Partly because it was obviously about queen sized.
(again, borrowed a picture! from this gal who took the quilt out of it's glass case when she saw it. I wonder if it was the same quilt?)

Loved this one!

I also really love Dresden plates. and the hand quilting.

But the fun surprise was seeing this one! I am working on that Urban Cowgirl pattern by Urban Chiks for my daughter to take to college. I was so surprised to see that that pattern must have originally been taken from this old pattern - Star Dahlia! My daughter and I so enjoyed seeing the original way of doing this quilt!

The new pattern is very 3D. This one has the flower petals actually pieced into the star. The circle is also pieced into the center so that the whole thing is only one layer - very flat. Looks like it was rather difficult to do.
 
 
Here is one of the Urban Cowgirl quilts I've done. You can see the daises here are 3D.
 Here are some pretty squares!!



 



 
there's the polka dots!



 
 
Here's the machine quilting.

The border quilted. And I added some felt to the centers so that the centers are puffy.
 

 
 
 

No comments: