Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Easy Shabby Chic Texas Star

 
 The Pattern "Sweet Starlet" by Basic Grey inspired me to try the texas star. I choose some gorgeous shabby chic fabrics.
 
Love these fabrics!
 
 
 
I free motion quilted swirls. pretty pattern...
 
Here's a bit of a tutorial....
Sew your strips together staggered...
 
cut on a 45* angle using the 45* line on your ruler lined up with the edge of the fabric.
 
do this with 3 different strips. assign a number to each of 5 fabrics. 3 is the middle one.
123
234
345
 
Sew them together being careful to match the corners.
 
To avoid a difficult Y seam here...
 
add strips to the bottom of each diamond like so.
 
the pieces go together like this.
 
Then like this. with corners added so it's now a square quilt.
 
Gorgemous!
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

celkalee said...

Hi Julie, love your quilts. Your blog is nice and bright and cheerful. I will check out the other posts, I am over-do for some major inspiration! And I agree 100%, I have never met a dot I didn't like :)