Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Quilts for Friends!

 
                                               I made this hexie quilt for a baby gift.
                                  

                      I wanted to do something different so I used some eyelet and ric rac on the border.
 
 

 
 
JEEP Quilt!
My friend Denise made this quilt for her son who loves jeeps.
she had me quilt it for her.
 
In trying to think what I could do thematically on the top and bottom borders, which were plain at the time, I thought... wouldn't tire tread be fun?

I ended up asking her if I could appliques some black tire tread on it instead of just quilting...

 
It turned out really fun!!
 
 
2 days later, I saw this while I was in traffic! Hey, I recognize that! I thought that was fun!

No comments: