Search This Blog

Friday, December 8, 2017

Grandma's Quilt

 
This is a version of a quilt someone called
"Grandma's quilt"
 
I did it years ago with a light green background and red corners in the squares. It's delightful.
I wanted to do one in civil war colors. It really feels pioneerish to me.
the original was done with light yellow background and red corner squares. It was so dang cute.
Try one! Here it is in green.
 
 
It's a simple idea. I neglected to take pictures as I went, so this cropping will have to do. ;o)
You make a sixteen patch block. the squares are about 1 1/8" finished. This one have some variation in the background fabrics to make it more scrappy, but just all solids is fantastic too.
 
Then you just put a triangle in all the corners of a plain background square.
(There are always threads stuck to my quilts, no matter what I do....
I see a stupid green thread in this picture.
Too much sewing going on around here I guess...)
 
 
Then sew every other one together.... 
This is one of those borders that you have to make in squares to complete the pattern with the triangle corners....
 

 



No comments: