Search This Blog

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Vintage Fall Trucks - by Erica ...and me!

This Pattern is called "Vintage Fall Quilt" its by Ericamade.
Super cute!
it's not quite done, but i wanted to get it up while it's still October. :o)

Look at all these gorgeous fabrics. can't wait to play with them!
there are several fig tree fabrics here from coney island and hazel and plum

I love my turquoise trucks!!! they're so big i imagined a HUGe quilt. but its not.

I just finished the leaves and i'm arranging them. I added a third row of leaves on the top row because, well,  i love them.
If you look at her pattern, you'll also see i added 2 more trees.
I hope it's not too messy.



Four. Weeks. Later.... (sponge bob-ish)

It was so hard to get good coloring on these photos...Ugh!
I had to find a random not so gorgeous fabric for the border, but it was just right for the quilt.

anyway, i am absolutely delighted with this!!

it was iffy for a while there. it was in it's homely stage for a long time.

til the border went on in fact...

you may notice i dug up one of the trees. it was too busy.

still not quilted. but i love how it turned out!
it's getting backed with a really cute turquoise bandana fabric from walmart!

2 comments:

Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

Sorry about the TWO comments, long story. Anyhow, I love this quilt. Too cute! I was thinking of you today and was missing you. I thought: go check out Julie's blog! I'm so glad I did and so glad to see you are still making your lovely quilts. Your blog is a happy little place in a world that is very sad right now. Bless you.