Search This Blog

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Valentine / Heart / Friendship Quilt!

My friends and I did this friendship quilt back in 2009. We each did our own large squares and then did 2 squares for each other. The pattern was called "heart to heart". It came from an "American Patchwork and Quilting" magazine in 2008.
 
 
 
See the plaid in this heart? I had a hard time finding stripes and plaids for this. I fussy cut this plaid to make the binding so it looks like a stripe!
Here you can see that I hand quilted it. I used the blanket stitch on my brother to go around the applique.
I see Polka Dots!

I love the textured fabrics in this quilt.

The basket is actually woven!

Diana did this one.

I had to add white ribbon to some red and green striped fabric to get the red and white stripes I wanted.

 I love both yoyo hearts!

This is Annette's finished quilt. She asked for red and white, blue and brown so she could use her kitty fabric. It turned out really nice!

These are the squares Annette made for Tiffani and Linda

These are the squares Diana got from three of us.


 

 

1 comment:

Annette said...

I gotta get mine finished!