Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Coney Island or Fresh Vintage Pattern by Fig Tree

 
I so love this Coney Island quilt! It's one of my favs.
I made it with the Daydream fabric line by Riley Blake! It turned out so pretty.
 
 
I threw in some red gingham and red polka dots for good measure....

and then added a rather surprisingly successful pine green. It doesn't look like the sort of green that would go with this, but it really sets off the cones.

This was so easy to make with the adjustments Joanna Figueroa made. Easier than the original nosegay block. I also made the 2nd and 4th blocks a little smaller than she did so they'd be closer to the same size as 1,3, &5. Mine are 1 1/4 rather than 1 3/4.



cute little berries in the border.


and of course - polka dots!

The border is also a surprise I think. It's not in the color scheme anywhere, but the muted color really sets of the cones.

 

 
 

 

 

 

No comments: