Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Lulu's Yoyo's

I'm starting my Lulu's Yoyo's quilt!  
I adore this quilt. I love the Whimsy fabrics it was made from in this pic., BUT unfortunately, I don't have access to that anymore!
 
I decided to try it with some of these random fabrics I got at a discount.
Not sure if it goes this way up....

Or this way up.....
 
Some of the fabrics come from this line....the Tawny Scrawny Lion fabrics made for Quilting Treasures. I thought some of them were pretty ugly until I realized they went together and what they were for! Now, I can't wait to make a quilt out of these cute cute fabrics!!
 
2 or 3 weeks later..........
have to place flowers and ric rac and applique those leaves on before I can quilt....
 
ric rac green fabric and stems

a close up of the fabrics.
 
cute machine quilting pattern!

oops, I forgot the buttons..

the best way to applique yoyos on to a quilt for me is to machine tac them down in 5 or 6 places around the edges. that way they still have some puffiness. the edges aren't squashed down, but they're held in place.

 
 

1 comment:

Annette said...

I really like this. I want to "like" it, but no like button here..... ;)