Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2015

Rose and Vine Wedding Quilt in Pink and Navy

 
 We recently had a son get married! I can finally put up some pictures of their wedding quilt since they've seen it now. It was fashioned after one of my Grandmother's antique quilts. See that here. I've been wondering if blending the vintage rose quilt pattern and the navy modern lines really worked, but we've decided it's symbolic of weaving together the older generation and the new. :o)
 
First, the vines. I cut about 1" wide strips, folded them in half and twisted them.
 
Hand stitched the large flowers on.
 
wonder under for the leaves and other flowers.
 
some detail on the leaves! 

  
I love the navy ribbons, the vines, and the cross hatch machine quilting.
 
The six main pink roses are stitched down by hand. The rest are stitched by machine.

 
I did the quilting all on my juki TL-2000 home machine.
I attempted some feathering...
 
another view of the center and the cross hatch machine quilting.
 
cross hatching around the outside too. 
 
twisty vine around the inner border.
 
Feathering on the outside border.

 

 

 

No comments: