Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Dresden Plate Quilt in blue and green

Here's a Dresden Plate quilt i've been working on.
I wanted blue and green.

It started out small. just 12 plates, but when i layed it out on my bed, it looked so nice, I decided to make it queen size. 

Dresden Plates are classic afterall....

The fabrics are some discount fabrics from a local store that was closing and just some blues from joanns thrown in there. The gray and yellow made it in because they were part of the sale fabrics and i thought they looked kinda good together.


Some machine quilting pics.
I also used my new Sashiko 2 machine to quilt the blades. It gave me a hand stitched look in about the third of the time. The machine sews hand stitched on the top and straight stitch on the bottom. Pretty cool.

The idea for the edge came from a photo i saw of a blue and green quilt that I've been wanting to do..
This little pretty is going on my bed for a while....:o)

No comments: